Good surface preparation is essential for successful coating adhesion. The following procedures must be followed:
- Degrease surface using Transomarine Thinners and clean rags.
- Disc abrade or hand sand with a fine grade paper to achieve an all over dull finish.
- Pretreat with Transomarine Acid Etch.
- Thoroughly wash and scrub using fresh water.
- Apply Alodine passivator in sections allowing four minutes minimum, reaction time.
- Ensure surface is dry, then apply coating system.
Deck and Cockpit
Cabin and Topsides
Deck Wall Areas